Fibromyalgia Awareness Week, 2005
Therapies Taster Day, Worthing - 14th Sept.
INFORMATION & TASTER DAY FOR ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES
The Fibromyalgia Support Group for Surrey and Sussex hosted a very successful information and taster day at the Richmond Rooms in Worthing on the 14th September.
It was an excellent opportunity for anyone who had an interest in alternative & complimentary therapies to come and try them out!
This well attended event saw over 80 people come along to see over 20 different stallholders offering such therapies as reflexology, Indian head massage, Reiki, kinesiology, the Alexander Technique, Shiatsu, Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Cranial sacral therapy treatment, A herbalist, & Nutritionist and much more who were all offering free taster sessions of their therapies.*
There were several Information tables including West Sussex Disabilities Network, Worthing Leisures, Sussex & Kent ME/CFS Society and of course our own Fibromyalgia table. All of these were inundated with people wanting to know more.
We were pleased to welcome the Mayor of Worthing who came along to add his support to this worthwhile event and even try out some of the therapies himself!
Feedback from the event has been great not only from those who attended but also from the stallholders. And it was great to see the majority of therapists offering discounts to those who wanted to try out longer sessions in the future.
We look forward to running these very successful days again across other areas of Surrey & Sussex in the near future.
A big thank-you must go to Jo Fisher and her team of volunteers for the hard work that goes on behind the scenes in organising these events.
Contact: Jo Fisher 01403 255450
Participants at the Taster Day
1. Fibromyalgia Support Group for Surrey and Sussex
2. M.E. & CFS Support Group for Kent & Sussex
3. Citizensí Advice Bureau, - Jan Cannon Tel: 01903 532662
CAB 11 North Street Worthing BN11 1DU
4. West Sussex Disabilities Network Phone 01243 841400 or send an e-mail
5. Eagle clinic
6. Henry House; Massage therapist & Reflexologist - Lucinda Hall
7. Reflexologist - Angela Cato 07976317565 E-mail Angela
8. Reflexologist - Debbie Stevens
9. Masseuse - Barbara Mitchell
10. Reiki - Janet Hearn (Member)
11. Reiki, Magnet Therapy & Care for Life - Val Cargonne Tel: 07803269418 E-mail Val
12. Kinesiologist and chi machine - Yvonne Smart Tel: 01273 417232
The Willows 3 Woodhouse Road Hove BN3 5NA
13. Alexander Technique - Carl Trimmer Tel: 07950 552438 or 01273 736517
14. Shiatsu Massage - Andrew Staib Tel: 01273 566108 or 0788 0742 977 E-mail Andrew
15. Avalon House; Herbalist - Andrea Tel: 07940852118
Indian head massage, hot stones and massage - Toni James Tel:07761142665
16. Avalon clinic; Trager - John Robinson & Mary Hall Tel: 01903 743929
17. Aromatherapy - Janet Black Tel: 07774160858 E-mail Janet
18. Cranial Sacral Therapy - Roger James Tel: 01342 717421 or 01342 810112
19. Homeopathy - Dr Suzie Rockwell
20. Osteopath - Sarah Kilbane Tel: 01903 715185
13 Norfolk Road Littlehampton BN17 5PW
21. Serenergy Limited - Tim Franklin Tel: 01903 530306 E-mail: Tim
22. Healthy Walks - Worthing District Council Leisure Services